Thursday, September 6, 2007

Just about the "ups" now...


Last Monday I had one of the nicest surprises of my life...

… Actually this nice surprise is just the continuation of a long story that is itself a huge gift from destiny... Life has its own ways, and if in the past you were parted from someone, in the future that same someone can pop-up in the nicest way possible.
Some time ago I reencountered a person that was part of my life when I was 16 years old. We walked side by side for a while and then we diverged... for 13 years... until recently! Due to coincidences, dreams, fate, brigadeiros, fairy dust or just simply trucks this person is, all of the sudden, part of my life again. It is good to see how much we've grown and how much we’re still the same as in 13 years ago. It is good to see that we can cement old feelings of friendship even if we are 2000Km away. It is good to have him back in my life, to confide to my new-old friend the important things of my life and to share the important things of his life! Having you back is a huge gift from destiny per se and I shall cherish it!
Somehow he didn’t think that life had surprised me enough… it was just not good enough! So he decided to take matters in his own hands and arranged an even bigger surprise, making sure that my smiles wouldn’t vanish that soon… So he decided to pack a present for me and send it to The Netherlands. What was inside that package I received on Monday was more than just a material gift… it was a gift of trust and encouragement for me to follow my passions… it was a gift of generosity and friendship… it was the pure matter of smiles (mine and his)! He took a piece of his history and turned it into my future learning process and experiments… maybe I will indeed become a better photographer thanks to him… not so much because of the gift itself, but mostly because I’m inspired by his work!
P., I am grateful for the gift, but most of all for your intention and generosity. And I am not going to say Thank You any more… but you know that each time I’ll use it I will… :-)

No comments: