Thursday, September 20, 2007

I was challenged...



By Maffas!


So here's the deal:

1- Pick a random book, the first one you find nearby...
2- Open it on page 161;
3- Look for the 5th sentence on this page...
4- Transcribe it in your blog.
5- Challenge other people...



So, here is my result:

"Sorrow was new to the seven-year-old girl, and contrasted sharply with such other emotions as sculpted the first few years of her life."

Even though I prefer much better the 7th sentence on this page:

"Humanity was not, after all, as robust as she had been led to suppose."

From "Perfect Hostage - A Life of Aung San Suu Kyi", Justin Wintle


I'm not gonna address this challenge to anyone in particular, but if you feel like taking it then just let me know as I'm very curious...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

'You're still concerned that I might want to kill us all?'

From the short story "Weather" on the book "Galactic North" by Alastair Reynolds.

Menina Azul Reciclada said...

I've decided to take the challange also at work to see what would be the result and the differences between 'at home' and 'at work'.

Here is the result:
"As all of our PCR products are applications tested, you can be confident of achieving optimal performance"
in Promega-Life Science Catalog 2005

... nerd... :-D

Menina Azul Reciclada said...

ups... typo up there: challenge

Anonymous said...

... todas as estrelas são leccionadas quando começam a brilhar...

O que diz Molero. Dinis Machado.

Amanhã digo-te o que me diz o trabalho.

Beijo Boa Noite.

Menina Azul Reciclada said...

O teu no trabalho deve dar uma coisa gira, tipo "voo KL878, 24 lugares, janela, reserva CTE68765."
:-D