Sunday, December 23, 2007

Same new, same old


"I always have the feeling you have no problems."

It always amazes me each time I hear someone say it and nevertheless I've been hearing it all my life. I guess the first time I really remember someone explicitly telling me he did not believe I could also have problems was still back in High School. Afonso was one of my best friends back then, but still he could not really see me for what I was. Since then and up to this day I get this same kind of comments, and amazingly enough from my closest friends. Can I be that opaque to people? Do I put such veils and layers in front of me?
I am not the strong entrenched tree people think I am. I have doubts. I doubt my self, my decisions, my feelings, my relationships, my future, my past, my ambitions and my dreams. I'm as invulnerable as anyone else.



But still, it was nice to have a friend today by my side and tell him "hey, I'm having a problem...", if not for anything else, at least for seeing his face of disbelief...

2 comments:

∫nês said...

Não querias antes dizer " I'm as vulnerable as anyone else"?

'Tá descansadita amiga que não és só tu que sentes essas coisas!

Menina Azul Reciclada said...

Olá Nês,
Queria mesmo ter dito as invulnerable, pois é assim que as pessoas me rotulam... Sou tão invulnerável como qualquer outra pessoa, ou seja, não sou..
Também imagino que as pessoas pensem o mesmo de ti. Acho q pessoas determinadas aparentam ser fortes ou pelo menos mais fortes do que são na realidade... beijinhos e feliz ano novo! Tive pena que não nos encontrassemos...