Lisboa, my love

Count Down... 4... 3... 2... 1... LISBOA!!!!!
The streets, the colors, the sun, the portuguese people and their idiosyncrasies, the smell of the sea... all this I miss and yet I was not feeling prepared to go back. Was it the fear of facing the harsh reality?
Christmas is that time of the year when you get to meet all your friends, is that time of the year when EVERYONE is there no matter where they normally live. It is the time for parties, for gatherings, friendship, hugs, laughter and complicity.
This year not everyone will be there. And those who are there, will be talking about their future plans - that in the vast majority of the cases do not include "coming back to Portugal" in the picture. Fair enough... I'm also not planing to come back, at least not soon. But part of our identity becomes more diluted the more we distance ourselves from our roots. I feel this already. Even though we are greatly enriched by grasping every little bit the World is willing to offer us, it also provokes doubt and confusion. Right now I just don't know where do I belong and where my place is in the bigger picture. But I know for sure who will always be in my heart. And I'm so lucky to find them always in Christmas time in Lisboa...



2 comments:
can't wait for feeling the best hugs and laughs of the year :)
And kisses and hugs and kisses and YOU will always be the BEST friends in the whole world!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment